WorkVentures works with people at risk of social and economic exclusion who are seeking to improve their lives. Our aim is to improve the employability of the people we work with, by providing people with the skills, attitudes, behaviours and resources that result in:
- work experience
- traineeships and apprenticeships
- volunteering, mentoring, or other community contributions
- permanent employment.
We are a social enterprise that:
- engages with disadvantaged individuals and helps create pathways to employment, to break the cycle of poverty and helplessness
- works in partnership with a variety of organisations who help us deliver programs within groups at risk including indigenous communities
- looks for opportunities to become involved with enterprises that create direct employment for disadvantaged individuals
- aims to be financially self sufficient through our own enterprises, however our key partners provide significant additional support that allows us to expand our programs and our impact.
We do this by providing skills training for employment, access to technology including low-cost PCs;and community-based projects and training for individuals.